Big Sky Pediatric Therapy Safety Protocol
Hello Big Sky Families!
The safety of our patients and staff is our top concern and we have taken extensive measures to ensure everyone entering the clinic is as safe as possible and protected against COVID-19 exposure.
to accomplish this, we will be taking the following safety precautions:
What We Are Doing to Keep You Safe
- Face Coverings: all our Big Sky Team members will be wearing face coverings during your child’s treatment sessions. We also require anyone entering the clinic over the age of 10 to wear a face covering.
- Hand Hygiene: we will enforce strict hand hygiene protocols for our Big Sky Team and also ask everyone entering the clinic to sanitize their hands upon entry.
- Capacity: we will be limiting how many family members can be present during treatment sessions. At this time, only one adult family member will be allowed to participate in treatment sessions and evaluations.
- Clinic Cleaning and Sanitization: we have increased our already diligent sanitization protocols to ensure the everyone’s safety. This includes identifying appropriate cleaning solutions and processes for surfaces throughout the clinic.
- HEPA Filtration: there will be numerous Medical Grade HEPA filtration units placed throughout the clinic, including in the waiting room and large treatment spaces.
- Temperature and COVID Risk Screenings: we will be conducting mandatory screenings for both patients and staff, including taking temperatures and completing the COVID screening questions, for anyone entering Big Sky prior to the start of your child’s session.
To receive in-person therapy sessions, the following criteria must be met:
- No signs or symptoms for COVID-19.
- No known contact with anyone diagnosed or in the testing process for COVID-19 due to a suspected exposure
- A temperature reading of 99.9 or lower
In-Clinic Therapy Sessions
- Hand Hygiene: anyone participating in the session (child and caregiver) will be required to sanitize their hands prior to entering the treatment space.
- Face Coverings: anyone over the age of 10 participating in the session will be required to wear a face covering.
- Plexiglass Shields: for children that are participating in speech therapy services and need to see the therapists face, we will use plexiglass shields as a barrier to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Group Activities: will be temporarily stopped. All therapy sessions will only be between the therapist, patient, and family member if they choose to participate.
- Sanitization: all toys and equipment will be thoroughly cleaned after each session.
- Equipment Availability: we have removed or “closed” some items in the gym space that are challenging to keep clean and safe for everyone right now.
- Continuation of services: if you have been participating in teletherapy sessions and would like to continue to do so, we welcome that. We will continue to provide teletherapy services as long as they are approved by our insurance contracts.
If you are interested in scheduling an in-clinic session, please call our office at 512-306-8007. Thank you for doing your part to help keep Big Sky families and staff safe!